Day 1: It is November 1st and I had been waiting for two weeks to do this. Last week I had my progesterone levels tested at it came out at 18, which anything above 15 is good. So, so far so good.
This cycle I had done the Repronex injections for 10 days and then the hcg injection (to stimulate ovulation), waited a day, and then had IUI #2. "Think babies!" Dr. Rosencrantz had said to me before getting turkey-basted. And then the day after, I started on the progesterone vaginal suppositories every 12 hours (usually around 11am and then at 11pm) which are so uncomfortable! It says to shove it up as far as you can (similar to tampons) and that some spotting may occur, so wear a panty liner. Well guess what - more like wear a pad! The first morning, I thought I had wet myself. And then everyday after that, it's that same feeling as during a period, particularly after sitting or laying down for awhile (particularly when waking up in the morning) and it feels like there is a giant ball of liquid ready to burst at the wrong movement, and you go shuffling towards the bathroom as fast as you can to not disturb that ball of liquid... or maybe it's just me. But in any case, it's uncomfortable. Plus it's messing with my hormones. I get sleepy more often. And it makes me want to pee more often. And it makes me gassy. And the doctor wants me to take it until 1) I am 10 weeks pregnant or 2) my period comes
Monday, November 1, 2010: So. Monday morning, I woke up and as I battled my bladder for some control, I unwrapped a home pregnancy test and then let my bladder rip. Halfway through, I pulled the stick up to look at it and make sure that I was actually peeing on it, when the giant blue line in the circle glared back at me. The line had shown up so quickly and so adamantly, the testing line hadn't even come up yet. I guess what it was saying is that I am SO prego!
So I emailed the doc, and then on Thursday started my Beta tests again. Results were:
Thursday, November 4, 2010 Progesterone: 43.71 hcg: 903
...903??? WTF! The last time I was so happy to know that I was pregnant, my hcg level was 14. So of course, I curiously looked online to see if the 903 fell in the "normal" range, and two things popped out at me that could possibly have effects on such a high hcg level at so early in the pregnancy (at the point of Beta 1, I was 4 weeks 5 days) and it was startling.
1) Molar Pregnancy: A molar pregnancy is an abnormality of the placenta, caused by a problem when the egg and sperm join together at fertilization. It is marked by high levels of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG). Molar pregnancies rarely involve a developing embryo, and the growth of this material is rapid compared to normal fetal growth. It has the appearance of a large and random collection of grape-like cell clusters.
2) Multiple births: you mean like... twins? Or more??? OMG! OH-EM-GEE!!! O_O
Saturday, November 6, 2010:
HCG: 1953
WTF! That's MORE than DOUBLE the previous levels. These numbers are crazy, yo. Tomorrow I go in for Beta 3 and we'll compare my hcg level progression. Needless to say, get ready July 2011! 7-11... 7-11...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.