Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Five months strong

 Last Monday the 21st, the girls turned 5 months old. It's amazing how time seems to fly when, at the same time, it seems to stand still (because I'm still so tired).

On Saturday the 19th, grandma and grandpa watched the girls while mom and dad went to go watch the newly released Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 with some friends - YES, we are Twilight nerds. Including the hubster. Who read the series surprisingly fast. Especially for someone who doesn't like to read. And then he had a dream that Edward was "his boy" and there you go - while the women of the world were imagining that Edward was their boyfriend, he was imagining that Edward was his BFF. Ah, I love that guy.

Anyway, after the movie we picked up the girls and went to a friend's son's 4th birthday party that included a creepy crawly man. Well, to be fair, he's one of those guys who puts on a creepy crawly presentation for parties and events and whatnot that includes roaches, spiders, really big spiders, snakes and lizards and the like. Creepy crawly stuff. Because Liam - the birthday boy - is really into spiders. This is one of those times I'm super duper glad I have two girls instead of boys. Unless my girls are going to be into insects and stuff then I don't know what to say. So anyway, it was kind of a chilly night and though we had the girls dressed for the occasion in jeans and sweaters and beanies, I think they might have caught a cold because the next day, I noticed  Lily had kind of a runny nose and a little cough. And then Monday - the day of their 5th month birthday - both girls were completely congested. I felt so bad. Lily wasn't too bad, but Charlie, she sounded terrible. Even her cries had that stuffed nose/congestion sound. So per their pediatrician's suggestion, I squirted some saline up their nose and tried sucking everything out. Charlie doesn't mind it so much, but Lily... I might as well be pulling her fingernails out the way she cries. Thankfully, it didn't get any more beyond that, and the girls are sounding just fine now. I hope they are officially over their first cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.