Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 So this post is about 9 days late, but to be honest, it's a lot sooner than I thought I could get to it.


The girls' first Halloween. We were excited - Halloween kind of launches the whole end-of-year Holiday Season and this year it's doubly special for us. Earlier in the month, we took the girls to the pumpkin patch and later on we bought a whole lot of pumpkins and invited the hubster's siblings and cousins over for some food and pumpkin carving. It was a fun event.

But before the pumpkin carving officially began, the girls got a quick roll around with our own personal pumpkin pile:
Lily and Charlie
And of course, all three kiddos
When Halloween officially rolled around, I still didn't if or what I would be dressing the girls as. They were still so small that they wouldn't have fit many costumes available. I actually wanted to pick up two bunny costumes for the girls (since it is the Year of the Rabbit) but at $25 each... that was a little more than I wanted to spend on their first Halloween sitting on our couch, you know? So I never got around to it.

But from day 1, I noticed that something about Charlie's face - the roundness of it, maybe - that whenever she wore a beanie, she naturally looked like a little garden gnome. So on Monday afternoon I ran out to Michael's and picked up some red felt and red ribbon, and low and behold... our two little garden gnomes!


Holding hands :)
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.