I find it kind of funny how things happen. Back in 1997 when we were seniors in high school and applying for colleges, I decided on mine by opening up one of those college books and looking up Architecture as a major. And then narrowed it down to Southern California. Well what do you know - University of Southern California. Okay.
And that is exactly how I chose what school I would spend 5 years at, 30 years to pay back student loans for, and a lifetime being proud to be a part of.
I can't even imagine going to another school for undergrad anymore.
Naturally, I would love it if my girls decided to go here as well. I won't hold it against them if they chose elsewhere... unless it was of course, UCLA. Haha... just kidding. Maybe.
Speaking of which, Saturday night was the much-anticipated annual cross-town rivalry football game between the Trojans and the Bruins, playing at home at the Coliseum. I would have love to have gone, but we had a prior engagement (Thanksgiving #3) that would have been rude to skip out on.
And what a game it would have been to attend! With kick-off at 7:30pm, imagine how the attendees were after a full day of tailgating! And to have a 50-0 win... FIFTY! To ZERO! That is what can be simply called "awesomeness".
And the purpose of this post is a photo series of my baby girls showing some Trojan pride and getting into the spirit of the rivalry game (especially since it fell on the day of their cousin's birthday - who is a Bruin!).
By the way, Lily is wearing a Youth sized beanie, and Charlie isn't. I couldn't find a different youth beanie (that I liked) so got the white one with the pom pom - I thought it was cute. And as it turned out, I was right. My 5-month old Charlie's giant noggin was big enough to wear the ADULT sized beanie.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.