The "I've officially crossed into the next stage of life and will now program all my radio stations to only KOST and talk shows" day.
Just kidding about the radio thing. I do need my gangsta rap.
Just kidding again. Kind of.
After an attempt at Main Place mall today (another UGH I guess I have outgrown this place moment), the girls and I stopped by the mailbox to pick up yesterday and today's mail. I reached inside and suddenly came face to face with the announcement that I am in a different stage of life - way different.
I received my first issue of Parents magazine today! The only magazines I have ever subscribed to were Architectural Record (school days... actually not just school days but my first two years of college days) and InStyle (why not? It suited me much more than say, Glamour and definitely Cosmopolitan).
I have to admit, I was confused for a moment when I saw the magazine. Strange, I know, considering that the two little rugrats by my side everyday should be a clear realization that I am no longer just one half of a married couple or that I am no longer a "young adult" or heck... sometimes I have to remember that I'm not a TEENAGER anymore! But I do forget, because each day goes on like the one before with only the tiniest of change. After awhile a lot has changed, but the progress is hardly noticeable. Maybe that's why I forget that I'm in my early 30s and not early 20s.
Anyhow. My point? Something along the lines of... somehow without realizing it, I got older. I guess?
And I don't have just my first child - I have TWO! I skipped that "first child" phase altogether!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.