Saturday, December 17, 2011

December Daily: 17

 The "sit in the car all day with Emma" day.


Not really, but it felt like it. My sister and Emma came by this morning and we went out to lunch (just us three - left Lily and Charlie at home with their daddy who was having a catfish luncheon with some buddies with the catfish he caught last Sunday, and since I don't eat seafood, it was a good opportunity). It was overcast and sprinkling on and off so we ended up having tofu soup at BCD and then I stood in line at 85C Bakery for some baked goodies and drinks. Then my sister needed to stop by her friend's place in Irvine as I sat in the car with Emma. Then we drove over to that dreaded Walmart so that she could pick up the photos while I sat in the car with Emma. Then she stopped by the market for some groceries for herself and our mom while I sat in the car with Emma. Then she got a call from her hubster asking her to pick up food so she drove to a nearby food-to-go place while I sat in the car with Emma. Finally at my mom's house I got out of the car. Even snapped a photo of Emma and grandma in the backyard.

Finally got home in time for the girls' 6pm feeding and then had dinner and for a moment thought about getting ready for bed but then realized it was only 7:30 and not 11:30. So I get to clean up the hubster's luncheon. Yay me!

Not that exciting or eventful kind of day, but like I titled it, it was a sit-in-the-car-all-day-with-Emma kind of day.

And now I'm watching He-Man and the Masters of the Universe because I remember I used to love it as a kid and now for the life of me can't figure out why. It's a little disappointing, kind of like that time I watched Scooby Doo as an adult and got really frustrated at the show and found the decision-making of Scooby and the gang kind of idiotic. Realization: do not watch things I loved as a kid. I will be disappointed! But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.