It's strange how I feel like I have no time yet all I have is time. It's not like I'm sitting at an office desk for 8-10 hours a day; I'm at home. But I guess that's what being a stay-at-home-mommy feels like - no time to do anything because you have to do everything!
Anyway, I can't believe the girls are already well into their 7th month of existence. It doesn't seem like that long ago, I was thinking about having kids and then I was pregnant and then I spent what seemed like the longest time of my life in the hospital trying to recover from surgery and then adjusting to having two new babies that we created.
And now they're 7 months old and doing 7-month old things. It's funny how you can see both of them slowly developing but for some reason, they are developing in different things. Back when Lily started rolling over, Charlie was playing with her feet. It wasn't until about a month later did Lily start grabbing her feet (although not too often) and Charlie was rolling to her side (just her side - she doesn't like being on her tummy much). And then Charlie started sitting up while Lily started rolling and wiggling all over the place (particularly backwards), but not vice versa. Charlie will sit and she'll want to stand, but she doesn't roll onto her tummy and she doesn't move around. Lily will always roll onto her tummy and over and over and over and wiggle backwards, but she doesn't sit up. It's interesting, watching two of your own kids growing up side-by-side and developing at a similar rate, but in completely different things. Makes me wonder how they'll be when they're older, what their interests and stuff will be. I do know though, that the girls seem to be having our tendencies. As I was laying there last night on the bed next to Lily, I realized that both of us tend to lay on our tummies while awake. When I'm reading or writing laying down, I'm always on my tummy - the hubster hates being on his stomach. He'd rather read looking up, with the book over his face. Charlie is very much like her father.
So the girls' current growth is:
Lily: 14 lbs 1 oz - 3.0 percentile
Charlie: 16 lbs 9.5 oz - 31.8 percentile
Apparently the new car seat/booster seat laws in CA are something like the child needs a booster seat until they are 8 years of age and 80 lbs. What the heck? At this rate, Lily is never going to be out of a booster seat!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.