Thursday, February 10, 2011

Almost halfway there

 Tuesday, January 25, 2011 (16 weeks, 3 days) 
Got a call from the x-ray people and set up an appointment for my official OB Sonogram 2 (done during second trimester) for Friday the 11th (hubster's birthday!) in the morning. It's about an hour and a half-long process (about 45 minutes per baby), and hopefully we'll be able to see Baby A's er, nether-regions. Excited! Except now I've developed an itchy rash across my chest. At least it's intermittent. For now. 

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 (17 weeks, 3 days) 
Got my bi-weekly (does bi-weekly mean every two weeks, or twice a week?) call from my diabetes case manager, and despite the couple of elevations, she decided to keep my insulin dosage at the same numbers. Which I don't mind, they seem to be working well enough anyway. 

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 (18 weeks, 3 days) 
Woke up to get ready for my regular OB visit today, but got a call at the moment I woke up from the x-ray people saying they needed to reschedule my sonogram because they just found out the doctor won't be in on the 11th. Boo! So I have to wait until the following week. In the meantime, as assumed, no fancy equipment at the regular OB visit, she just listened to the babies' heartbeats with this hand-held device. Baby A was the first to be heard, nice and loud and clear, going at about 130-140 beats per minute. The doctor then moved the device over to get Baby B's heartbeat, and I'm like, wow. That's so much slower, and she says, "Oh, that's yours" haha. And then we hear Baby B's heartbeat, around the same rate as Baby A, which is good. And then suddenly Baby B is on the move. She's running (swimming?) from the dopler sounds. We can't get a clear reading, but at least we heard it, and it was "normal". But... she sounds like she's going to be a handful. 

My sister texted me on Monday night saying Emma threw her first temper tantrum (just first, I almost want to ask), and then on Tuesday was being equally as bratty, and stopped looking at her when my sister raised her voice to tell her no. I don't need an Emma! 

Well, we ended the appointment by both getting a flu shot and the whopping cough shot. Now I'm achy in the lower back and legs, and the arm with the whopping cough shot is totally sore (and will be for about a week or so). And the stretching feeling... The hubster says, "Don't worry, you're halfway there," and I say, "But wasn't that supposed to be the easier half?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.