Thursday, February 17, 2011

Modesty

 Tuesday, February 15, 2011 (19 weeks, 3 days)

Spoke to my case manager. We went over my glucose numbers and I only had 2 elevations in the past week (but they weren't crazy elevations: trying to stay under 130, one meal I had 130 and another meal I had 132) so she didn't change my insulin dosages. But because I was having a lot of lower numbers (not crazy low, just lower), she suggested I eat more. Heh. Not often someone has to tell a pregnant woman to eat more, is it? But in all honesty, I feel fine and I really am eating way more now than before. Aside from the stretching belly (and yes, I can practically feel it stretching) and the trouble walking up the stairs and the occasional weird feeling in the belly (which I'm pretty sure it's the babies moving, even though I can't really feel them moving, I feel something going on in there)... I feel completely fine. I still get tired out really easily but it's not like I worry about narcolepsy episodes anymore. :)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 (19 weeks, 4 days)
Had my "official" OB sonogram today - the one that all pregnant women have between 18-20 weeks. The one that takes about 45 minutes per baby so they can measure the skull and the brain and the distance from brain to skull, and the spinal chord and document the hands and feet and limbs and heart and the heart chambers and stuff, before the bones start getting denser and ultrasound can't view through them anymore. Most women also find out the gender of their baby at this point (since most singleton pregnancies don't get so many ultrasounds as their high-risk counterparts), which I was hoping we would too... but. Surprise! Both babies showing a great amount of modesty. Even Baby B. They both moved their hands around to cover their faces at some points but kept their legs crossed at the ankles (not kidding).
Not the clearest image, but the best one with both babies in it.

The ultrasound woman was like, they're being kind of stubborn today. I looked at the image of the babies with their heads together (their heads aren't really touching, it just looks that way without a depth of field - Baby A is facing the right and Baby B is facing the left... and waving) and told her, "I think they're putting their heads together and plotting something..." and she said, "Yeah, plotting against me." Hahaha... of course, I laugh now. But, both babies are growing normally, with their size aging them at about 1 week behind their real age (which is better than being larger!), so the doctor said we may still see a July birth. But I dunno... I'm still thinking it will be more like end of June - hoping, more like it.

On a side note, after I hopped onto the bed and pulled my shirt up and unbuttoned my jeans so that she could pour the gel onto my belly, the ultrasound woman was like, "You're still wearing regular jeans???"

Um. Yes? I haven't outgrown my "regular" clothes yet. But with all the stretching and soreness I've been feeling lately, I'm sure stretchy pants are in my very, very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.