"Do you know the signs of pre-term labor?" asks the doctor this morning.
My reply? "Er... well. We saw the video..." [long pause]
"So did you retain any information from that video?" doctor asks, smiling. Obviously from our blank/bewildered faces, she knew the answer was a big, fat No.
Sunday, February 27, 2011 (21 weeks, 1 day)
After finding out that we are 90% chance having two girls, the hubster and I decided to finally head out and start our baby registry at Babies R Us. It was rather fun - I've always loved created registries, walking around the store with the scanner going, "Let's scan it!" because well, we don't really intend to get everything on our list, but it's always nice to put things on the registry list because if we actually don't get it, we can 1) not even bother getting it or 2) get it at 10% discount later... so there's really no harm in overscanning, not at all. Well, it was fun until the hubster started wearing down like a fever was coming on, and I started wearing down because, as I later realized, my blood sugar was dipping too low. So we decided to wrap it up and have some lunch. Which helped, because we then headed over to Target to pick up some stuff... and while there, the hubster asks, why don't we just register here, too? Not a bad idea, sir, not a bad idea. Plus there were some things I found at Target that were just a bit cheaper (same brand and everything) than at Babies R Us. Occasionally, I'll go online and rethink some items, or add additional items. Registries are great - I wonder how they did without it back in the day.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 (21 weeks, 3 days)
Spoke to my case manager... nothing new.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011 (22 weeks, 3 days)
Well there has certainly been a lot of activity going on in the womb lately! It started off pretty light and mild in the beginning a couple of weeks ago - so faint that it was hard to determine if it was the babies kicking, or if I was just digesting. Well, it was definitely kicking! It's getting stronger as time goes by, but it's still kind of hard to feel the kick from the outside, although I have been able a couple of times to feel the kick when I place my hand on my belly. But then again it might have been because I could feel it on the inside.
Anyway, doctor appointment with regular OB went well (and quickly) today. She listened for the heartbeats and both are doing well, Baby A was somewhere around 145 bpm while Baby B was a tad slower at around 135-140 bpm. Then she measured the fundal height which came out to be roughly 30cm. Yes, thanks to twins, I look like I'm 2 months further along than a singleton.
So aside from that "do you know the signs of pre-term labor" question (of which parts of the early 80's-created video started to slowly return to the front of my mind), here were a couple more that I asked:
Me: So, I noticed that I get A LOT of activity on my left side, and very little on my right... at the last ultrasound, each baby was facing different directions... Is Baby A okay, or is she just... more quiet than B?
Doc: (after listening for heartbeat) Well, looks like both are now facing the same direction - both heartbeats are on your right side.
Me: Ah. They've decided to take my left side hostage.
Me: Is there such thing as... excessive sleeping?
Doc: [pause] what exactly do you mean by "excessive"?
Me: Well, I get about 9-10 hours of sleep a night, and though I wake up very frequently to flip, I'm usually back asleep within 5-10 minutes. And then during the day I'll typically nap for up to 3 hours.
Doc: Well that sounds reasonable. You are carrying twins. Get as much rest as your body needs.
Me: Okay! [thinks to self: even if it means I'm asleep more hours than awake during the day? Oh well, I'm carrying twins!]
La la la la la... Lunch at Red Robin... Yummmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.