My C-section was officially scheduled for Tuesday, June 28th, 2011. I would be 38 weeks and 2 days, and so far, everything was looking well. I had a good OB and NST appointment on the 13th and returned for another NST appointment on Friday the 17th, followed by meeting up a friend for lunch, where I found that my belly no longer fit into a booth seat (or maybe they just had small booths to begin with...). On Saturday I did some last minute baby shopping for extra bottles, soothies, etc and then on Sunday we spent some time at the in-laws. The hubster then set up a big family outing to go fishing at Jenks Lake for the following Saturday and one of his aunts turns and looks at me and says, "I don't think she's going to make it..." and I smile and say, "I feel okay."
Thursday, June 30, 2011
The beginning of the next phase
Monday came and I felt really pregnant. Really pregnant with twins. "One more week, baby," the hubster tries to soothe me and then we have corned beef and roasted potatoes for dinner. I feel normal again. I have some more potatoes for my bedtime snack at midnight.
I get up twice in the middle of the night for a potty break. At around 6am I get up to take some Tums... I knew I shouldn't have had the remaining potatoes at midnight, I tell myself.
At a little past 8, I wake up and look at the clock (actually, the time on my cell phone) and then push the hubster to my right. "Wake up, it's past 8," I tell him. He starts work at 8.
"Okay, okay," he says, and actually gets up and then does his morning ritual: starts with taking our dog for a quick potty break walk and then feeding him, and then getting into the shower. I decide to set my alarm for 9:30 just in case I fall asleep and miss my NST appointment that morning. As I'm laying there about to drift off, I suddenly snap back fully awake from the swift kick in the center of my belly that I just felt. "Ow, baby," I say, rubbing my belly while at the same time thinking... did that... call me crazy but did that sound like a "pop"?... so I wait.
And then sure enough I start to feel something. I feel fluid running in my body.
O_O
Okay, I tell myself. If I can stop it, it's pee. If I can't...
I wait. And then moment of truth... I feel leakage. I wasn't able to stop it.
Oh... my...
So I lay there quietly waiting for the hubster to get out of the shower. The moment I hear the bathroom door open, I start maneuvering to get out of bed.
"Hey, honey?" I call out. "I think my water just broke..."
"What?!" he comes running.
"I think my water just broke," I repeat as I slide my legs over the edge of the bed.
"What?!" He repeats, "Are you sure?" he rushes to the bed and starts feeling it (for water spots?).
At that moment I am able to stand up. That little trickle that I felt before? Yeah. Not so little, it became a GUSH.
"Um, yeah..." I say, and turn around.
"WHOA!" he exclaims as I pull my cotton pant legs up to try to "diaper" myself, I guess, and start moving to the bathroom. I make it to the bathroom and it continues to gush. Geez! When it seems to have stopped, I hop into the shower and then get ready like any other day (although a bit faster and more carefully) and pack the final things into my bag (like my glasses and toothbrush) as the hubster calls the hospital to let them know we're on our way. We also notify our families.
to be continued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.