Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A normal Tuesday evening family outing

 Last night was like any other night.


"What do you want for dinner?"
"I don't know, what do you want for dinner?"
"I don't know. Do you want to go to Costco, we need to pick up more dog food."
"A slice of pizza sounds good."

So we packed up the girls AND Jasper - his first trip out in our new car - to make a Costco run, and then a trip to the park so that Jasper could get some running around/playing fetch time. Poor guy hasn't had a chance for much of that since the girls arrived.

So the purpose of this entry was to launch my photo series. I like to take photographs but suddenly being the sole caregiver (for the most part of the day) of twins, I rarely think about getting my camera and taking pictures, which is a pity since I have these brand new growing babies. But that's what smart phones are for, right? To be everything you want and need them to be at your beck and call, of course. And mine is often as a camera most of these days. Still photos as well as videos... it just dawned on me that we don't have a video camera. Isn't that a 'new parent' staple?

Anyway. Because they're babies, I usually take a few photos in a row to hopefully get a good shot: i.e. one where both girls are smiling, at the same time. For lack of a better word, I will call these sets of photos as a "photo series".

And last night's "photo series" is of the girls dressed and heading out for the night... while Lily is wearing an appropriately sized 3-6 month Old Navy sparkly light gray zip-up hoodie, Charlie somehow fit into the 12-18 month Old Navy cable knit pullover sweater with hood and front pouch pockets. I found it odd that she kind of fit it since she can also still fit into Circo brand (from Target) onesies that are sized NB. Actually, the funny part is that my little sunshine could barely fit her giant noggin through the neck of that sweater. The sweater that is meant to be able to fit the average 12-18 month old. Anyway.

Oh, Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.