The "my baby is a genius!" day.
I know she can do this. I've seen the before and I've seen the after, but I've never seen the process. The first time I noticed it was sometime in early October, so she was just past the 3-month mark, I guess. 3-1/2? I know it was before 4 months because I used to take the girls for walks during the day when we didn't have the second car yet. Anyhow, I had packed the girls in the stroller and pushed them out the door. I went back in to let Jasper out (we're learned we can't trust Jasper when we take the girls out the door - he wants a family trip. He'll sneak and rush out the door and run through the apartment complex to the parking lot and sit next to our car... not kidding!) and hear Lily getting fussy. I came back out the door and looked at her because she was quiet again, but now sucking on her pacifier. I didn't give her the pacifier, I had stuck it on the side like I did with Charlie. I was a little confused for a moment and she just stared at me. I finally understood. I was a proud mama, but I needed to see her do it.
Since then, she likes to pull her pacifier out and hold on to it and chew on the side, or hold onto the sucking part and chew on the little handle.
Today while we were at the mall waiting for their daddy, I sat watching Lily. I watched as she picked up her pacifier than was sitting on her lap, and sure enough she turned it around and slowly it went towards her mouth. She missed, put kept pulling at it until voila! She had her pacifier and sat happily sucking on it. I was so happy to have see it! And the pulled her pacifier pit and looked at it, then put it back in... I got to finally see her do that - and twice in a row!
Proud mama!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.